Superintendent Highways GBC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- responsible for; managing the work crew, operators, and equipment, in a profitable and safe manner to meet the commitments of contracts/agreements
- Daily on-site management of highway construction projects including site management, scheduling, materials and equipment procurement and management, personnel management, and quality control
- Works to maintain excellent communications and working relationships within the organization as well as with contract owners, engineers, associated clients and suppliers
- Must be familiar with all project specifications and attend the job pre-planning meeting
- Coordinate activities with plant personnel to ensure that the materials are produced to specification and delivered in a manner that would optimize road productivity
- Coaches personnel as required on performance of duties and behavior on the work site
- Ensure health and safety standards meet legislated requirements and company policy ensuring that all start up, safety and tailgate meetings are completed on schedule and documented
- Ensure that all environmental guidelines and regulations are followed
- Ensure quality control by checking that the mat is a straight edge, the ride is good, slope and width are to specification
- Manages each project to result in contract specifications and standards meeting or exceeding requirements and quality products provided
- Where project results and/or job costing is off target, discusses with General Superintendent and Division Manager to determine the best course of action
- Identify and implement operational improvements and efficiencies
- Minimum 10 years road construction experience
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, preferably as a Base Foreman or Superintendent
- Knowledge of Granular Base Course, Sub-grade prep, GBC laydown, survey and layout
- Minimum class 5 drivers license
- Successful candidates must be able to meet pre-employment testing requirements
If you possess these skills and want to work with a growing company we want to hear from you!
This position requires the candidate to work in remote locations in Alberta and Saskatchewan for extended periods of time. LOA is provided.
Carmacks offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including extended health, dental, vision care and life insurance as well as a Group RRSP with matching, share purchase program with matching, and service awards programs.