ESTIMATOR / PROJECT MANAGER
The nature of services performed includes highway construction, highway maintenance, industrial site construction, bridge construction repair and maintenance, municipal construction, aggregate supply as well as other related heavy civil projects. With a focus on financial performance and strategic business opportunities, Carmacks Enterprises is seeking an Estimator/Project Manager. Reporting to the Division Manager and the management team, this candidate works with superintendents to contribute to the goals and profits of the company by accurately estimating the costs of potential projects within specifications and market value, and developing new business, resulting in obtaining profitable construction/maintenance contracts/agreements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and provide accurate cost estimates and required documentation to obtain profitable construction/maintenance contracts, responding to business leads, or responding to requests for tender
- Review projects, analyzing and documenting estimated vs. actual costs, and the whole job – what was done, when, how, why. Use this data for estimating work/projects
- Understands and administers the contractual agreement and ensure that the company conforms to the contract document
- Develops overall project schedules and oversees the maintenance, progress, and issuance of schedule
- Oversees the tendering and awarding of sub-trade contracts
- Plan, organize and direct the pre-construction activities including the development of cost plans and the preliminary project schedule and budget
- Work with superintendents in management of projects including planning and organizing the crews and equipment, overseeing the work, and managing the client relationships
- Develop a client base by prospecting for new clients, build relationships with present clients, promoting the company and its services, negotiating and entering into construction project contracts
- Manage the project safety and assist the project team in meeting safety objectives
YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineering related designation
- Minimum 5 years of Civil Construction Experience
If you are a strong Project Manager with excellent Estimating skills and have the ability to manage people and deadlines, we want to hear from you!
This is a full time position located out of our Nisku office; travel is required.
Relocation assistance may be provided.
Candidates who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.
PRE EMPLOYMENT DRUG & ALCOHOL TESTING IS REQUIRED.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE
The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Error: Contact form not found.