ASPHALT QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the Asphalt Quality Control Technologist is responsible for all aspects of quality control for asphalt concrete pavements, full depth reclamation and aggregate production.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- comprehensive evaluations of all specifications on projects and ensure that all work meets such specifications
- perform all required tests on asphalt materials and crusher control on aggregates
- assist personnel in setting up, calibrating and troubleshooting the production process
- mentor junior technologists to help develop their skills
- work directly with supervisory personnel to insure the quality of all materials
- develop and maintain a database for all test results
- work with quality control manager to address quality issues and take a proactive role in resolving problems
- desire and willingness to make enhancements and improvements to the quality control process and team
You will have the following qualifications:
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma preferred
- two years’ experience in quality control and materials testing
- fundamental understanding of road construction materials and practices
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- strong computer skills
- minimum class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
Work sites are located in various locations in Alberta, you must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time. Overtime and weekend work is required and the ability to work outside in various weather conditions. LOA is provided.
To start as soon as possible. This is a seasonal position with the potential for future full time work.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.