Journeyman Carpenter Bridge Division
We are currently looking for Carpenters to join our Bridge Division team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Construct built-in-place or prefabricated wooden and/or metal forms, according to specifications, for molding concrete structures such as: piers, footers, retaining walls, abutments, parapets, caps, columns and bridge decks.
- Saw lumber per blueprint dimensions, using handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Lift and handle built-in-place forms and/or assembles, erects and installs prefabricated forms.
- Insert spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of form to maintain specified dimensions.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables and planks.
- Build rough wooden structures such as: scaffolds, temporary frame shelters, overhand jacks and safety railings.
- Lift and set rails for finishing machine.
- Pour concrete informs and desks which requires vibrating, shoveling and raking. Also assists cement finishers.
- Miscellaneous rebar tying.
YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Journeyman Carpenter Ticket preferred
- Previous experience in bridgework 2+ years related experience in heavy highway structure (bridge, retaining wall, and box culvert) construction, preferred
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, and work from heights
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Overtime and weekend work is required, available to work a Day/Night shift as needed.
Successful candidates must be able to meet all safety requirements. Pre-employment drug & alcohol testing is required.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE
The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.