Project Manager Bridge Division
Business Development and Marketing:
- Develop a client base by prospecting for new clients, checking newspapers for tender calls, and/or building relationships with present clients, promoting the company and its services, negotiating and entering into construction project contracts.
- Assess and provide accurate cost estimates and required documentation to obtain profitable construction/maintenance contracts, responding to business leads, or responding to requests for tender.
Project Management and Coordination
- Review contracts concerning insurance and bonding, order bonding;
- Uses best practices to acquire, allocate, manage and maintain the human, financial, and capital resources of the company.
- Plan, organize and direct the pre-construction activities including the development of cost plans and the preliminary project schedule and budget.
- Understands all aspects of a project budget and deals with the owner/consultant on all cost issues.
- Develops overall project schedules and oversees the maintenance, progress, and issuance of schedule.
- Oversees the tendering and awarding of sub-trade contracts.
- Work with superintendents to manage projects including planning and organizing the crews and equipment, overseeing the work, and managing the client relationships.
- Ensure project health, safety and environmental standards meet legislated requirements and company policy.
- Project administration including pricing change orders, tracking requests for information and review drawings.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of all information/documentation.
- Civil Engineering Degree or CET Designation
- 5 years of related work experience with a proven track record in the civil construction market
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project)
- Possesses solid negotiating and conflict resolution skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career, with strong leadership, and an experienced team.
Carmacks offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including extended health, dental, vision care and life insurance as well as a Group RRSP with matching, share purchase program with matching, service and safety awards programs.