Superintendent Highways GBC
Reporting to the Highway Division Manager , you will be responsible for; managing the work crew, operators, and equipment, in a profitable and safe manner to meet the commitments of contracts/agreements. Additional responsibilities will include; daily on-site management of highway construction projects including site management, scheduling, materials and equipment procurement and management, personnel management and quality control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works to maintain excellent communications and working relationships within the organization as well as with contract owners, engineers, associated clients and suppliers
- Co-ordinates and schedules projects, equipment requirements, materials, supplies and subcontractors with the General Superintendent and advises Foreman of daily task and expected production
- Must be familiar with all project specifications and attend the job pre-planning meeting
- Coaches personnel as required on performance of duties and behavior on the work site
- Ensure health and safety standards meet legislated requirements and company policy ensuring that all start up, safety and tailgate meetings are completed on schedule and documented
- Ensure that all environmental guidelines and regulations are followed
- Ensure quality control by checking that ride, cross-fall and width are to specification
- Manages each project to result in contract specifications and standards meeting or exceeding requirements and quality products provided
- Where project results and/or job costing is off target, discusses with General Superintendent and Division Manager to determine the best course of action
- Keeps current of new industry trends, technology, equipment and techniques
- Identify and implement operational improvements and efficiencies
- Identify potential business opportunities/work with Carmacks management to follow up
You will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years road construction experience
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, preferably as a Base Foreman or Superintendent
- Knowledge of Granular Base Course, Sub-grade prep, GBC laydown, survey and layout
- minimum class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
Work sites are located in various locations in Western Canada, you must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time. Overtime and weekend work is required and the ability to work outside in various weather conditions. LOA is provided.
To start as soon as possible.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.