Sturgeon County – 2019 Road Rehabilitation
PROJECT OWNER: Sturgeon County
PROJECT LOCATION: Various locations throughout Sturgeon County
PROJECT SCHEDULE: July 2019 to October 2019
PROJECT VALUE: $4,325,592.10
Carmacks was the Prime Contractor for this project. The Sturgeon County program was released late spring and consisted of reconstructing and widening existing roads in several rural neighborhoods. The grading work was subcontracted to Doblanko’s Contracting and all other remaining work was carried out by Carmacks. 20mm gravel was placed up to 300mm depth on the roads and driveway ties followed by 100mm of hot mix asphalt. Side sloping and landscape restoration completed the work on the project.
The project required special attention to residential access. Often our construction would be conducted in single lane accesses for residents to allow a balance between productive construction methods while accommodation the local access. Fully detailed traffic accommodation plans were developed and maintained throughout the construction project.
• Site grading and widening
• Roadway reconstruction, granular base course, cold milling tie ins, approximately 33,000 tonne GBC
• Asphalt paving main alignment and driveway accesses, approximately 13,500 tonne Asphalt
• Side slope construction and landscape restoration
• Public engagement and traffic accommodation during construction